Wednesday 7 October 2009

The Saga of Meena and MacTavish (CsH) - Part 3 : The Denouement


N.B. Hoani is the most gorgeous looking man in Aotearoa as Meena soon discovered. However all good things had to come to an end ......


For Meena and MacTavish, the perfidy and disorientation encountered in the Pearl of the Orient finally forced our dynamic duo to return to Leicester.
It was back to a sedentary but sedate life where MacTavish spent the next eight years painting
forests,
frangipani
and kerengga,
and umpteen other pictures illustrated and written for love of Meena's world and the beautiful rainforests.
As for our doughty Meena she plunged herself into the wild unknown - into the periphery of the British landscape - the environs of the English working class Reserve.
And that is how the story ended - or has it?
APPENDIX:

The Artist's Farewell - just bleeding knackered from all that drawing.
POSTSCRIPT:
This Saga was inspired by the artist's need to placate the little woman who complained about not being given a birthday present for years on end. This explains the last sentence - written under duress.
Please click on the images for a better view - especially for short people!

11 comments:

imsunnysideup said...

Just love the 5th. and 9th. pics.

anak si-hamid said...

Helas,
I'm sorry, but I 'lost' your comment. How I did it, I cannot fathom. It must due to the gin (?), jinn (?) that escaped from the old kettle.

anak si-hamid said...

sunnysideup,
I feel cool when I look at the 5th picture.

Naz in Norway said...

Lovely, lovely, witty entry ... which is so typical of you :)
Oh! how I wish I am as talented.
Take care and keep writing!

ph said...

i love them all.

anak si-hamid said...

Naz and ph,
Thank you. My behaviour gets worse and worse with age. Who would have the heart to punish an old lady? Yippee!!

Kak Teh said...

ms hamid, surely these are too good to remain in blog - must be in print.

come back now and enjoy the autumn leaves!

anak si-hamid said...

Kak Teh,
Thank you. And how are you and the tribe? Soon , very soon we shall be back for autumn and winter and hopefully we can meet up again.

sicKo^ said...

the 'forest' pic is pretty amazing.. and i totally agree wif kak teh.. This whole story + drawing should be printed out. & of course, i should be entitled for a free copy :P hehe

Awang Goneng said...

Iain,

I wish, I wish I could draw like ye.

And to Anak Pak Hamid: when I grow up I'd want to write like ye. O wad some power the giftie gie me.

Happy birthday, and many more there'll be. Insha Allah.

anak si-hamid said...

Awang,
Och laddie, as for the wee gifties,why don't we join up on the nicht itself - 25th January - for a large haggis or two (strictly halal)? A shame about the whisky - but, hoots, we can raise a glass to the lad himself, and to our wee sparkling spouses ... wi' teh tarik instead.
You'd look braw in a kilt!
McTav.
Meena can't take this loghat Scotland. You should not grow up to be like me. Just don't grow up and retain all this nonsensical wickedness me duck.